Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Stitch nation

I discovered a new brand of wool the other day in a lovely local little wool shop.  It's made by Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller, the women behind Stitch 'n Bitch and it is LOVELY!!!  The colours are amazing and the wool is really good quality at a reasonable price, around £4.50 per 100g.

There are three different wools in the range.

Full o' Sheep, which is 100% Peruvian wool single ply yarn, This is my favourite.
Bamboo Ewe, which is 55% viscose from Bamboo and 45% Wool and ideal for baby projects apparently.
 
And finally there is Alpaca Love which is 80% Wool, 20% Alpaca and super soft, although I wasn't so keen on the colours.
 I've got a couple of balls of Full o' Sheep but i'm feeling uninspired.  There are some free patterns on the
website but none of them are really to my taste.
Oh well, i've got a few days to think about it as it is only 3 days now until I move house.  It may be a bit quiet around here because of this but do let me know if you have any great ideas for what I could make with my new wool.

Kate




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...